| The Field After We Left the Tunnel |
Like Seattle and Vancouver, the big stadia are built in the old part of the city centre, and this part of Detroit was pretty old and run-down. There were many derelict buildings, and many homes in quite disrepair. It was quite sad to see them because some of them looked like they must have been quite nice places at one time or another.
| Miguel Cabrerra |
Then it was off to drive back to Chatham. We thought we would like to try going back over the bridge, rather than through the tunnel. However, I went the wrong direction, and even though GPS Jill was giving constant direction to change direction and go back where we had come from, I thought she was just trying to get us to go to the tunnel, so kept going. Eventually, we decided to go back and find the tunnel to go through. As it turned out, the bridge was on the other side of the tunnel, so we never would have found it going the way we had been going.
We knew we had to go past the entrance to the tunnel to get to the bridge, so that is what we decided to do. However, when the highway split, I took the wrong split and couldn't get back to the correct one, so we thought we would just go through the tunnel.
Once back in Canada (Windsor), we felt we were hungry and began looking for a McDonalds. Dawn was putting Red Lobster into the GPS, but she wasn't having any luck finding one. As soon as I saw a McDonalds, I pulled into the parking lot. I decided to try one last time for Red Lobster, and we found one that was 7 km from where we were, and we decided to go there.
Once there, we were able to get in very quickly, had a great meal of "endless shrimp" and were very full when we left. Then, setting the GPS for Shirley's place, we were back there in just less than an hour. It was to bed, shortly after that.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.