Saturday Sept 29

Got up in the morning not feeling real well, but we were heading back to Chatham. We didn't feel much like eating breakfast, so left as soon as we showered and packed our bags. We were on the road by 9:00, and headed out to highway 401. Old GPS Jill tried to take us to the toll highway (407) but we outsmarted her and stuck to our guns to get to 401. Once on that highway, it was clear sailing to Chatham.


The road was fairly busy and I had to pay attention so I wouldn't get into the wrong lane and end up getting off the freeway. Dawn did see a sign indicating a potter, so she asked if we could pull off and find it. However, once off at the exit, it appeared that the potter was 27 Km off the highway, and we decided not to go. So, we moved right back onto the freeway and kept going. The next stop was for something to eat. We pulled off at an OnRoute to get a couple sandwiches at Tim Horton's.
Then on to Chatham and Shirley's house. We got there shortly after 12:00 and they were just eating. We weren't hungry, so by the time we got in and our stuff into our room, they were done. We visited a while, and then Dawn and I went downstairs. I wasn't feeling too well, and fell asleep. I guess Carol and Earl came over, and Dawn went upstairs, but I was not doing well and stayed downstairs. Carol came down to say goodbye about 4:30, so I woke up and went to see them off.
Shirley took us out to dinner at a nice restaurant, and that was basically it for the evening. When we got home, we went downstairs to catch the tail end of the Regina football game, but were too tired to stay up for the Lions game. In retrospect, it was likely a good thing as they lost. Shirley told us it was 17-1 at the end of the first half, but she went to sleep, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.