We left early (Thursday about 11:00) to get to the coast before the bad weather came in. After waking up on Friday morning, we were pretty happy that we did. It had started snowing about 11:30 pm Thursday night, and was still snowing at noon on Friday, in Abbotsford. There was lots of wet, heavy snow accumulated on just about everything. Schools were closed all over the Lower Mainland. We laugh because it is just snow, but when we saw the picture of the school bus, slipping down the road backwards, it wasn't quite so funny. This stuff turns to ice as soon as it is driven over.
![]() |
| A lot of snow |
![]() |
| Lots to clean off before driving. |
Got into our room about 4:00 Friday, and started to think about all the things we had to do before we left Saturday. Besides, the Canucks came on TV playing in Chicago, and that was a pretty good game to watch. After going to Moxie's for dinner (after the game), we came back to our room, I made sure I had some books downloaded to read during our trip, and we got some other things done, and then it was into bed.
Strange, we didn't sleep overly well. A different bed, different pillows, noise in the room, and general excitement all assisted in keeping us awake at various times during the night. Now we are getting the final sorting of bags, trying to make sure that we have everything we need on the flight, and in our carry-ons. Of course, I realized that I had forgotten my Canucks sweatshirt, as well as my other sweatshirt, so it is a good thing I had packed the Canada Hockey sweatshirts first thing, or I would have been in a lot of trouble.
Anyhow, it is time to go, soon, so that is it for now.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.