We had breakfast as usual. Finding a seat wasn't too bad because the bulk of the people weren't down yet. The breakfast buffet would be open until noon today, so there was no real hurry.
After breakfast, we went back to our room, and basically spent the rest of our day in there. I worked on finishing off a couple blog entries that I wasn't able to finish yesterday. I read a bit, and we watched a couple episodes of "House of Cards". Generally, it was a lay-around day.
.
About 6:00, we decided we needed to go for a walk and possibly find some supper. When we got outside, it was considerably colder than it had been. The temperature was about -7, and with a bit of a breeze blowing. It felt cold when it was blowing towards our faces. We walked down the street and found a restaurant that we thought we would give a try. We entered and sat down. Unfortunately, there were a bunch of young hockey teams (likely 12-13 year olds) who were going to eat there, too. It quickly got much too noisy for us, so we left.
![]() |
| Sports Academy Sports Bar and Grill |
We left and carried on walking. About a block or so away, there was a place called the Sports Academy Sports Bar. I recalled hearing that the New Year's Classic was going to be on the screen there, so we went in. They sat us at a table, and we were able to see TVs all around the room. The game wasn't on yet, but there were a couple Finnish broadcasters on, talking about the upcoming game, I suppose.
We ordered ( burgers and fries) and then the game came on. It took quite a while to get through all the preliminary introductions, etc., but the game did start by the time we got our meal. The place was packed with Canadians. Some stood up and sang Oh Canada when it was sung on TV. It was a lot of fun, and they got a clap when it was over.
![]() |
| View From our Table |
Back at the room, we watched TV and read and answered emails. There was a note in the lobby saying we could pick up our tickets to the Quarter Final games at about 9:30, so I went down after that to see if I could get ours. It was not to be. First they mentioned 10:15, then it became 11:00. I decided I was going to bed, and went back upstairs. The last message that came through on Facebook was sent at 11.51, saying that tickets would be set up at 9:30 in the morning for those who hadn't picked theirs up yet.
That is when we will get ours, I guess.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.