Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 21

Sunday, Oct. 16
Before leaving the Fort Lauderdale area, we got “Jill” to find us a Wal-Mart so we could purchase another suitcase to spread our load around.  We found one and made our purchase, and then headed for the Turnpike.  We drove for about 3 hours today to get to near the Orlando airport.  We arrived at the Airport Best Western, near the airport and got ourselves moved in.  I spent a fair amount of time trying to find where we returned our car, and then figuring out how we were to get our bags to the terminal.  I didn’t figure out too much, but I have an idea now.

We went out for dinner again, and ate at Red Lobster again.  This was another good meal, and we left full, as usual.  Then we returned to our hotel and brought all of our bags into the room.  We spent the next period of time moving things around, trying to get our bags down to less than 50 pounds.  After borrowing a portable scale from the front desk, we managed to get them all there (actually, only one was overweight, and by moving some things around, we got it down).

Next we figured out all the things we had purchased and were bringing back to Canada.  This was necessary so that we can do our declarations and hopefully get through customs and over the border much easier.
Later, I loaded up Radio NL, and we listened to the Blazers game on the computer.  At this point, it is 2-1 Blazers over Kelowna, in the 2nd period.

Tomorrow, we have to check out by 11:00, so I guess we will have some time to kill before going to the airport and getting rid of the car.  Our flight is scheduled to leave at 6:20 pm EDT.  We are scheduled to get into Seattle at 9:26 pm PDT.  From there we leave for Bellingham at 11:05pm and get in at 11:45 pm.  If everything goes as expected, we should be in Abbotsford about 1:30 am.  I’m sure we will be very tired as we will be used to eastern time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.