
I got up about 7:30 and headed into the shower. While Dawn was showering, I went out onto our deck, and there were patches of blue sky, off in the distance in the direction we were travelling - things were looking up. There was still a line of clouds to the south, but within half an hour, the sky was pretty much clear with just patches of cloud.
At breakfast (Karen, I had fresh cooked waffles), we again sat outside, but this time it was with sunshine. What a difference it makes.
It was a pretty slow day. We didn't have anything planned to do. The watch sale was on, so of course we had to go to that (Dawn needs more watches, don't you know), but I didn't find anything that interested me.We wandered around the ship for a while, but then went back to our room. We read, watched TV, played some solitaire, and basically lay around.

About 2:00, we decided to go up onto the top deck to sit in the sun for a bit. It was beautiful up there. I went up to deck 10 (the sun deck) just to see what it was like and take a couple photos on my phone. Dawn didn't go because the stairs were the only access, and she didn't want to try them. There were a few people up there, sunning themselves, but apart from that, there wasn't much going on.
I had finished one book that we got from Stella, so we had gone to the ship's library to drop it off. That was another few minutes taken up. So, back down we went, and decided to go to the restaurant to look at tonight's menu. It looked really good again, with some things that we hadn't heard of, but they sounded good. We figured we would try to get to the restaurant early; once again.
Then, back to the room for more reading and sitting around. For some reason, we got talking about formal nights, and neither of us could remember when they were. We had to find our original "Princess Patter" to look up the date. Wouldn't you know it, tonight was the night, so I guess we aren't going to the restaurant for dinner after all.
Around 6:30, we decided to go up to the buffet to eat. Well, that was all changed around too. It was set up as a Bistro (we didn't know what that meant, either) so we grabbed a piece of pizza from the Pizzeria, and went out on the back deck to eat it. We both picked up some soup and salad, but that was pretty much it. It appeared that the Bistro part was like a regular restaurant; getting seated at a table, and then ordering from a menu. Perhaps that is what we will do for the next formal night.
After eating, it was back to our room to watch TV and wait for the evening show to begin. It started quite late for us (8:45 for the first show), and was a singing/dancing/acting performance. The longer we lay there watching TV, the less we wanted to go out again, so rather than go to the show, we finally turned in at about 9:30. I was worried I wouldn't sleep through the night, but apparently both of us did.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.