![]() |
| View from Ship |
![]() |
| Downtown Lahaina |
Once we were finished, it was back to our cabin to pick up our things to go ashore. Any rush was over, so there was a brief wait to board the tender, and off we went for a 15 minute ride. About 10 minutes in, I realized I had forgotten my wallet, so Dawn waited ashore while I returned on the same tender to get my wallet. Then, back onto the same tender for the ride back to shore. The crew thought it pretty funny that I was riding back and forth.
Once ashore, we didn't really want to go anywhere, so we just walked around the block and a bit, looking in various shops. Of course, we had to purchase some things, just to help the economy. Then we walked around a bit more, but it was quite hot, so back to the ship we went
![]() |
| Pacific Princess from shore |
![]() |
| Park |
Once on board, there was a bit of shade on our balcony, so we sat our there for a while, watching the boats, para-sailors, and other activities. As the ship shifted in the wind, we kept turning so that the sun was shining on the deck. Finally we went inside to get cool.
I decided to go to a lecture/lesson on the Internet. I wanted to see how they do this on the ship. I figure, maybe I can get a cruise or two by applying to give demonstrations. He showed how to set up webmail (Gmail), Facebook and Twitter, and a Blog. All things that I already do, even though I don't use them much. Pretty simple, and not necessarily good teaching practices. The fellow giving it is the Internet guy, so he was quite knowledgeable about this topic. Tomorrow, he is doing another presentation, this time on smartphones. I'll have to wait until the Patter comes out to see if it is of interest.
Then it was back to the room and wait until dinner. Dawn was watching a movie (Philomena and then a Jack Ryan movie - pretty much through her eyelids), and I worked on my blog and sort of watched the movie.
![]() |
| Flower Dawn got when arriving |
Then dinner time arrived and we went to the restaurant. It was Italian night, so the menu was full of Italian fare. I had spaghetti and meatballs, while Dawn had Veal something or other. Very tasty. Desert for her was tiramasu. and I had a selection of 3 flavours of gelatto. Wow, was it good.
Then we went back to our room to collect our warm sweaters, and proceeded to the cabaret lounge for the comedian performance. We had enjoyed him the last time, and thought it would be fun to go again. His show was different, and even though we were tired, we did a lot of laughing.
After that, it was back to the room to get ready for bed. For some reason, we are pretty tired.
![]() |
| Parasailing |
![]() |
| Tender arriving |







No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.